This entry needs more information. Send info to email@example.com. Please include the words “master list” in the subject line.
- Status: Dead
- Year formed/year of hiatus or break-up
- Members’ names and their instruments
- Brief description of sound. Two sentences maximum. While we acknowledge that no one likes to be pigeonholed, labels are still useful. If you’re doom, death, black, etc., go ahead and say it. Feel free to get abstract with the second sentence.
- Links to websites/social media, in the order of your preference (i.e., if Facebook is the best way to stay in touch with your audience, put that first on the list [but, really, y’all should get on Twitter, post haste]).
- Contact information (optional)
Here’s another example of planets aligning. Awaas’ final performance was held on Casablanca Cruises, a rather unique environment for concert photography. As such, I tried to be keenly aware of the other boats in the bay — opportunities to weave them into the story. When this sloop approached our port bow, I knew it was time to get ready. As luck would have it, the ever-flamboyant Beth Dazet had dressed in a dazzling mermaid costume and she raised her arm at the precise moment of symmetry when the boats were beam-on-beam. Also, it’s impossible to take a bad picture of Zachary Howard.
Awaas at Empire, July 24