Dead by Now
This entry needs more information. Send info to email@example.com. Please include the words “master list” in the subject line.
- Status: active/hiatus/defunct/it’s complicated
- Year formed/year of hiatus or break-up
- Members’ names and their instruments
- Brief description of sound. Two sentences maximum. While we acknowledge that no one likes to be pigeonholed, labels are still useful. If you’re doom, death, black, etc., go ahead and say it. Feel free to get abstract with the second sentence.
- Links to websites/social media, in the order of your preference (i.e., if Facebook is the best way to stay in touch with your audience, put that first on the list [but, really, y’all should get on Twitter, post haste]).
- Contact information (optional)
If there’s an award for Most Photogenic Person in the Portland Heavy Scene, it goes to this guy. Zak Haab is never not interesting. I’ve got dozens of shots of Haab and they’re all gold, mostly because he knows heavy music can only be improved through theatricality. Here, his eyes roll back into his head during the final performance of Dead By Now. (I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: God damn, I miss that band.)
Michael Anderson during the final performance of Dead by Now at Flask Lounge. God damn, I miss that band.